YouTube One Channel is the new channel design that aims to make your channel look good on all devices – from TVs to smartphones.
Though I will miss the custom background feature, as a proponent of mobile-ready design, I like the idea that my channel will look good on all devices. The new layout limits the custom design options to a header image – or “channel art” as the YouTube team calls it – that can be designed specifically to adjust to different screen sizes.
Other new features include:
- A channel trailer that plays automatically for non-subscribed visitors
- An option to add custom sections to your channel
- And a custom “related channels” area for featuring other channels of your choice
The following video lesson provides an overview of the One Channel layout.
Change can be hard, but it can also be good. And though I sympathize with those who hate it, I think the One Channel layout is a nice step toward a more mobile-friendly Internet.
What do you think?
- YouTube rolls out redesigned ‘One Channel’ layout to all users (thenextweb.com)
- New YouTube Layout Guide (rpmcommunity.com)